Home Made Hit Show Forum
Home Made Hit Show TV
Use RSS to Subscribe to The Home Made Hit Show

Friday, May 29, 2009

 

HMHS 162 - One American Dude, One Foreign Dude

Welcome to a very briefly notated Home Made Hit Show.

We discuss
  • Writing songs and saving them for later recording
  • Mastering the Criddle way
  • Why we do this and how did we start (in detail)
  • Andrew Richardson's total immersion songwriting day
We have a Zoetrope minute on getting great performance recorded

Pro Song is Show Me What I'm Looking For by Carolina Liar

Songs this week

Zoey James - Joe Pop joepoptoons.com

This House is For Sale - The Morrisons MySpace

20-20 Foresight - Garage Spin garagespin.com

Comments:
Hi Tony,
So, I meant to write a while ago, and completely forgot. Thank for choosing my song!

A quick note to confirm -- "20/20 Foresight" was indeed recorded at home, in my living room, actually. I'll take the semi-accusation as a compliment. ;)

Also, a clarification -- the cello that plays throughout the song is a real cello that I played (and chopped up quite a bit -- I am definitely NOT a cello player, so it required a LOT of takes and splicing). The string section that appears towards the end of the song I created in Reason 2.5 (violin, viola, and double bass).

Thanks again for playing 2020 foresight!

Best,
Mike (of GarageSpin)
www.GarageSpin.com
 
Post a Comment


<< Home

 Subscribe in a reader